Personal and sensitive user data includes, but is not limited to, PII, financial and payment information, authentication information, contacts, device location, SMS and call related data, inventory of other apps on your device, microphone, camera, and other sensitive device or usage data.
Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with us. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
We do not collect or use device location data.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
We let you know why we collect and use your personal information and get your consent
We collect, use and disclose personal information for purposes directly related to providing and improving our service. These purposes include:
- Communicating with you generally.
- Processing your purchases.
- Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you.
- Protecting against fraud or error.
- Providing product and services requested by you.
- Recommending products and services that we believe will be of interest and provide value to you.
- Performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of this site so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose.
- Complying with legal and governmental requirements.
- Fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time it is collected from you.
You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purposes set forth above.
Where it is not reasonably expected that your personal and sensitive user data will be required, we will provide an in-app disclosure of our data, access, collection, use and sharing. The disclosure will describe the data being accessed or collected and how the data will be used and/or shared. We will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting us, and our personnel will help direct you to the appropriate department. To change your preferences, refer to the “Contacting Us” section below.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We do not sell personal or sensitive user data.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We never publicly disclose any personal or sensitive user data related to financial or payment activities or any government identification numbers.
We do not allow unauthorized publishing or disclosure of people's non-public contacts.
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits. Cookies help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Through your browser setting, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Since every browser is different, view your browser's Help Menu to identify how to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together, to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
We keep your personal information up to date and accurate.
You can change your personal information by emailing us or by logging into your account.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes. It is important to understand that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 1 business day
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have a right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
130 Queens Quay E
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
Last Edited on June 23, 2021