Analyzing data is hard and time-consuming. TritonWear makes it simple to understand how well you trained through digestible scores and actionable insights.
Our Mission: To equip every swimmer and coach with access to elite swimming knowledge and tools.
From our competitive swimming and engineering roots, to the sports industry at large, TritonWear is committed to bringing elite sport science to everyone, empowering success through education and innovative technology.
We strive to deliver the most accurate metrics and analytics tools for swimmers around the world.
We aim to provide every swimmer an edge over their competition, by helping them discover their own hidden potential, and to understand the technical side of the sport.
We commit to equipping every coach with groundbreaking tools, so they can focus on what really matters, instead of stopwatches.
About the Role
The Algorithm and Firmware team is looking for a firmware developer to further develop our Triton2 sensor platform. The Triton 2 is TritonWear’s second generation of its wearable sensor for monitoring competitive swimming performance data.
We are a startup environment where you will be directly involved in delivering a TritonWear product to the market, where it will have a direct effect on athlete performance from young swimmers to Olympic athletes. The ideal candidate works well in teams, enjoys learning something new, and has a passion for swimming or other race-based sports.
- Under the guidance of the Chief Scientist, your primary responsibilities will include:
Take a technical leadership role in integration of new sensor technologies and BLE communication into our firmware platform
Improve the performance of the current code base though power saving measures, speed improvements, or bug fixes
Design, implement and document tests, analyze test results, and troubleshooting
Make recommendations on component specifications
Contribute to company-wide projects
- BEng/BASc. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related fields
- 3+ years of experience relevant to this position
- Strong programming skills in C
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience interfacing to external components over I2C and/or SPI
- Experience in low-level software development and real-time systems
Other Bonus Assets
- Experience interfacing with GPS modules and/or MEMS sensors
- Experience with BLE development, including tracing communications through packet sniffing
- Programming skills in Python, shell scripting, Makefiles
- Understanding of signal sampling for digital signal processing
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Firmware Engineer Application"
In The News
Check out this Sportsnet’s Science of Sport segment on Canadian World Champion Kylie Masse on her training initiative with TritonWear.
Triathlon and TritonWear partnership renewal in sync with the new Triton 2 release.
We would love to hear from you!
Just drop us a message and we will get back to you shortly.